Selegiline for prolactin?

Topic created · 4 Posts · 177 Views
  • I never really see it talked about, but selegiline looks like it could be a decent substitute for cabergoline/dostinex. It is an MAO-B inhibitor at low doses so it increases dopamine in the striatum. And there are a handful of studies showing that it reduces serum prolactin in rats.

The stuff is a hell of a lot cheaper than caber. It makes you feel great, and some claim it to be neuroprotective, so why isn’t it ran by AAS users? Am I missing something?

• How significant are the decreases in prolactin? If you’re looking for a cheap alternative, check out P5P.

• [quote=“Colonial Labs” pid=‘80543’ dateline=‘1580408439’]
    How significant are the decreases in prolactin? If you’re looking for a cheap alternative, check out P5P.
    [/quote]

The studies are a little old, but one showed serum prolactin levels decreased by 48% within 30 min when administering 10/mg per kg BW (in rats). Half that dose lowered by 38%. They remained suppressed for 4 hours after dosing.

Those doses seem a little extreme, but the goal was to measure the immediate effects on prolactin. I don’t see any reason why regular low dosages would not be effective in keeping prolactin down as well.

P5P is fine, but I know many people prefer caber for its dopaminergic effects. Selegiline should do the same, with possibly some additional benefits.

• [quote=“bismuth.209” pid=‘80561’ dateline=‘1580421711’]
    [quote=“Colonial Labs” pid=‘80543’ dateline=‘1580408439’]
    How significant are the decreases in prolactin? If you’re looking for a cheap alternative, check out P5P.
    [/quote]

The studies are a little old, but one showed serum prolactin levels decreased by 48% within 30 min when administering 10/mg per kg BW (in rats). Half that dose lowered by 38%. They remained suppressed for 4 hours after dosing.

Those doses seem a little extreme, but the goal was to measure the immediate effects on prolactin. I don’t see any reason why regular low dosages would not be effective in keeping prolactin down as well.

P5P is fine, but I know many people prefer caber for its dopaminergic effects. Selegiline should do the same, with possibly some additional benefits.
    [/quote]

Maybe. Personally, I wouldn’t strictly go off studies done on rats. Honestly, I don’t have much knowledge on Selegiline. I tried finding more literature on its effects on prolactin in humans and couldn’t find any.