Elbow pain

Topic created · 8 Posts · 394 Views
  • So for the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been experiencing elbow pain mainly when I do chest and tri’s. I have been warming up and doing high reps low weight warm up on the cable tri extensions to try to get them working better. It helps but after my sessions I feel the discomfort even more. Any suggestions/experience?

• Is your E too low maybe?

• Probably tendinitis, try wearing wrist wraps it may help.

• [quote=“JustaNewbie1” pid=‘65459’ dateline=‘1566174274’]
    So for the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been experiencing elbow pain mainly when I do chest and tri’s. I have been warming up and doing high reps low weight warm up on the cable tri extensions to try to get them working better. It helps but after my sessions I feel the discomfort even more. Any suggestions/experience?
    [/quote]

You need to rest, take at least a week off from chest and triceps.

When you come back start with very low weights. Ease back in slowely. When your elbow completely stops hurting go with weights that allow you to do 25-30 reps and stop if you even get a hint of pain.

For right now focus your attention on legs, core, pulling exercises and stay away from anything that hurts your elbow. If the elbow starts hurting ice it and make a note to avoid that exercise until it settles down.

As someone that has experienced chronic tendinitis over a lifetime you don’t want to push your body past the point of no return as you may experience permanent weakness and pain, requiring steroid injections to settle down inflammation.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘65475’ dateline=‘1566186439’]
    [quote=“JustaNewbie1” pid=‘65459’ dateline=‘1566174274’]
    So for the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been experiencing elbow pain mainly when I do chest and tri’s. I have been warming up and doing high reps low weight warm up on the cable tri extensions to try to get them working better. It helps but after my sessions I feel the discomfort even more. Any suggestions/experience?
    [/quote]

You need to rest, take at least a week off from chest and triceps.

When you come back start with very low weights. Ease back in slowely. When your elbow completely stops hurting go with weights that allow you to do 25-30 reps and stop if you even get a hint of pain.

For right now focus your attention on legs, core, pulling exercises and stay away from anything that hurts your elbow. If the elbow starts hurting ice it and make a note to avoid that exercise until it settles down.

As someone that has experienced chronic tendinitis over a lifetime you don’t want to push your body past the point of no return as you may experience permanent weakness and pain, requiring steroid injections to settle down inflammation.
    [/quote]

Thanks. Sounds like solid advice. Just hate taking time off. Mentally feel like I lost a chance to grow.

• I know how you feel. I view it as this week will give my body a chance to grow and recoup. If you’ve been going hard, just eat right and I bet you’ll grow this week. I’m at the point where I just need to face it and realize I can’t work through every injury, I just need to let it heal. Hopefully this HGH will help.

• Tricep is a single joint movement involving pushing. Stop going heavy on tricep exercises and you wont have elbow pain anymore. Especially with skullcrushers and frenchpress. Chest exercises aren’t responsible at all and are indirectly causing elbow pain due to tricep exercises causing injury.

• I have inner elbow pain on both sides and was blaming it on weighted chin ups, but realized it’s from standing OHP.

Switching to the hammer shoulder press for awhile and seeing if that helps. Deload weeks haven’t really helped. I keep dragging my feet on trying bpc-157