Coinbase screwed up

Topic created · 13 Posts · 881 Views
  • impacting less than 3,500 customers (out of more than 30 million worldwide)

• [quote=“unclecurley” pid=‘65458’ dateline=‘1566174157’]
    impacting less than 3,500 customers (out of more than 30 million worldwide)
    [/quote]

I never worry because coinbase has the slowest access to my money.

First i have to call my bank to open a 6 hour window to allow me to transfer money to coinbase, then I purchase the BTC and I have to wait 10 days before I can use it. I log in every few days. I have a separate bank account tied to my account with a very low balance, so if i was hacked they wouldn’t get more then a few hundred dollars. There are no debit or credit cards linked to this account.

One thing is for certain, Coinmama and Coinbase are companies I would never trust. All of these crypto companies are a joke on so many levels as far as security.

I suppose I feel safe with my blockchain wallet, but then again I load it up and make my purchases and empty it out fast.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘65472’ dateline=‘1566185763’]
    [quote=“unclecurley” pid=‘65458’ dateline=‘1566174157’]
    impacting less than 3,500 customers (out of more than 30 million worldwide)
    [/quote]

I never worry because coinbase has the slowest access to my money.

First i have to call my bank to open a 6 hour window to allow me to transfer money to coinbase, then I purchase the BTC and I have to wait 10 days before I can use it. I log in every few days. I have a separate bank account tied to my account with a very low balance, so if i was hacked they wouldn’t get more then a few hundred dollars. There are no debit or credit cards linked to this account.

One thing is for certain, Coinmama and Coinbase are companies I would never trust. All of these crypto companies are a joke on so many levels as far as security.

I suppose I feel safe with my blockchain wallet, but then again I load it up and make my purchases and empty it out fast.
    [/quote]

I’ve found coinmama the only successful means of quick purchases so far, would love to know your issue with them

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘65503’ dateline=‘1566233110’]

I’ve found coinmama the only successful means of quick purchases so far, would love to know your issue with them
    [/quote]

Coinmama has been hacked.

I believe it was back in Feb 2019, something like 700+million records, 450,000 old email and passwords to accounts set up prior to Aug/2017.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘65509’ dateline=‘1566235941’]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘65503’ dateline=‘1566233110’]

[/quote]

Coinmama has been hacked.

I believe it was back in Feb 2019, something like 700+million records, 450,000 old email and passwords to accounts set up prior to Aug/2017.
    [/quote]

Well I mean shit bro Experian has been hacked…Like twice…As long as they themselves aren’t being maliciously negligent I don’t think I personally have an issue.

• [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘65511’ dateline=‘1566239942’]

Well I mean shit bro Experian has been hacked…Like twice…As long as they themselves aren’t being maliciously negligent I don’t think I personally have an issue.
    [/quote]

We don’t really have a choice in the matter even if they were being reckless.

Crypto is the only way to keep this going.

I don’t worry about crypto, I do however worry about the USPS, as they seem to have perfected the art of losing my packages.

• crypto can be such a hassle. all the banks in my area stopped allowing cash deposits if you aren’t on the account.

• [quote=“ezv6_v2” pid=‘65521’ dateline=‘1566246285’]
    crypto can be such a hassle. all the banks in my area stopped allowing cash deposits if you aren’t on the account.
    [/quote]

I wish someone would set up a bank in the united states that is strictly for crypto that is untouchable by the government that allows you to buy anything you want. Have someone buy up some land and declare it as sovereign territory, those of us that love freedom can move there and enjoy our lives without the nanny state.

• Why don’t ya’ll use cash app? It’s the way of the future.

• [quote=“Dexter” pid=‘65520’ dateline=‘1566245747’]
    [quote=“superawesomename” pid=‘65511’ dateline=‘1566239942’]

[/quote]

We don’t really have a choice in the matter even if they were being reckless.

Crypto is the only way to keep this going.

I don’t worry about crypto, I do however worry about the USPS, as they seem to have perfected the art of losing my packages.
    [/quote]

Lmao bro informed delivery worked great for like a month, now literally nothing pops up on it until after it’s delivered. Like gee fuckin thanks

• Problem I had is they hold even tiny amounts for no reason. Like 50 bucks on hold for 10 days…??? Then by the time you try to send it to someone it’s dropped in value…great idea. I think that’s their stragedy.

I wanted to order something for a sale Express was having but with coinbase forget it unless you already have funds sitting in there for no reason.

• [quote=“alphaproject” pid=‘65840’ dateline=‘1566431724’]
    Problem I had is they hold even tiny amounts for no reason. Like 50 bucks on hold for 10 days…??? Then by the time you try to send it to someone it’s dropped in value…great idea. I think that’s their stragedy.

I wanted to order something for a sale Express was having but with coinbase forget it unless you already have funds sitting in there for no reason.
    [/quote]

This is why I deposit $500 into coinbase cash, when BTC drops in value about every 4-6 weeks I purchase. Usually when it drops close to $9000, then I wait a few more weeks until it goes up to almost $12,000 and make my purchases. This cycle repeats over and over like clockwork.

Coinbase is more accepted by the banking industry because it’s processed through the UK.

Coinmama because it goes through Slovakia throws up all sorts of red flags, and for good reason, the region isn’t exactly known for being the most trustworthy.