Full body routines !!

Topic created · 11 Posts · 825 Views
  • Hey I’m actually looking for input from king of carbs and his 4 day full body split , but if anyone else wants to share their full body workouts I’d appreciate that too, I’m changing up my routine and want to get into full body training again

• @kingofcarbz

• I’ve gotten the best results from ful body training. Even when I was natty my body responded well. Now that I’m geared I’m growing like a weed. My key to it is 2 hard working sets for each exercise And at least 3 exercises per body part. Once a week I go really heavy and only compound movements for density and strength. Trust me it will pack on the size in no time.

• This is my current routine, I train for Strongman though so if you don’t have access to implements or aren’t interested in this type of training, disregard haha.

Monday - Deadlift + Accessory Work

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Overhead Press + Accessory work

Thursday - Squat + Accessory Work (I train Front Squat as it has more carry over to Strongman Events, just as I feel Incline Bench has more carry over to OH pressing events. I will however work back squats in when I can, low bar ofc)

Friday - Rest

Saturday- Events (Atlas Stones if you have them, Prowler, Sled Pulls, Yokes, Farmer’s, Heavy Dumbbell Presses Overhead, etc., )

Sunday- Rest

I will train Flat Bench/Incline bench occasionally as accessory work on OHP days.

Reps start off high the first week and the weight goes up and reps get lower as the weeks continue on.

If you would like more information, as far as how rep/weight progression goes and I would he glad to let you know.

• [quote=“Jalisco07” pid=‘64694’ dateline=‘1565644531’]
    I’ve gotten the best results from ful body training. Even when I was natty my body responded well. Now that I’m geared I’m growing like a weed. My key to it is 2 hard working sets for each exercise And at least 3 exercises per body part. Once a week I go really heavy and only compound movements for density and strength. Trust me it will pack on the size in no time.
    [/quote]

Could you share a sample week of your lifting ?

• [quote=“Juicebox” pid=‘64697’ dateline=‘1565645866’]
    [quote=“Jalisco07” pid=‘64694’ dateline=‘1565644531’]
    I’ve gotten the best results from ful body training. Even when I was natty my body responded well. Now that I’m geared I’m growing like a weed. My key to it is 2 hard working sets for each exercise And at least 3 exercises per body part. Once a week I go really heavy and only compound movements for density and strength. Trust me it will pack on the size in no time.
    [/quote]

Could you share a sample week of your lifting ?
    [/quote]

It’s extreme lol. I do whole body Monday Tuesday. Weds I do heavy compounds also whole body. Thursday Friday whole body. Saturday heavy again. Sunday rest. Again the key is the 2 sets of medium weight and volume on mon tues thurs Friday. Heavy days I do 3x5. I keep the rest to minimum between sets. I’m limited on time since I go to work after. I’m very picky about the Exercises I choose. I know all of this sounds pretty weird I may be overdoing it but he has always worked for my body even when I was in natty. Now that I’m geared I can keep going and going. And grow and grow. I do listen to my body and if I need a day off I’ll take it. Oh and The exercises I’m doing for the body part are all super set. Pretty much giant sets.

• Sorry for not answering, been busy with some stuff for a bit. I quickly typed up an outline of how I structure it on my phone. Hope it helps

Squat
    Bench
    Vertical row
    Quad volume
    Tricep Bicep
    Rear Side Delts
    Weighted Abs Traps

Bench
    Deadlift
    Horizontal row
    Back volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    BW Abs calves

Squat
    Bench
    Vertical row
    Hamstring/Glute Volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    Weighted Abs Traps

Deadlift
    Bench
    Horizontal row
    Chest volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    BW Abs Calves

Optional any time: forearm fluff/neck work

Notes:
    -If paired together it’s a superset (such as rear and side delts)
    -Volume means accessory movements such as flyes, pullovers, leg extensions, glute bridge, hamstring curl, etc. Not free weight compounds, isolation bodybuilding style stuff. Things like the leg press and machine presses/rows can be utilized in certain individuals who can tolerate them
    -In the spot of squat bench deadlift row pulldown, these can and likely should be or include variations. Examples would be having an incline bench day, close grip bench day, overhead press day, dumbbell press day, board press day, feet up, etc… Or a paused squat day, a tempo squat day, chains, pins, wraps, belt/unbelted whatever will help the goal you’re catering the block towards. Basically, it’s a rough template of how I approach it. Not a set in stone example. There will be times where I’ll be squatting every session, or benching every other session. If I were building a baseline “off season” full body approach it would likely start off something like this—I would adjust as the block progresses and I see how my body is adapting or my goal is changing.
    -I train this style almost entirely submaximal on every compound lift. Failure is basically only on the accessory/isolation movements. Think going to failure on flyes opposed to competition bench press. Leg extensions opposed to low bar squats.
    -“Calves” may or may not reflect my actual training
    -Overhead pressing with a barbell/dumbbells would replace a bench session, overhead pressing on a machine/smith would be a chest accessory on the volume day
    -If you are strictly bodybuilding this is very likely a suboptimal approach since you would benefit more from less of a s/b/d based foundation
    -Hi @yelrup love u

Any specific questions just ask. Might not be able to respond for a lil while

• [quote=“kingofcarbz” pid=‘64779’ dateline=‘1565699195’]
    Sorry for not answering, been busy with some stuff for a bit. I quickly typed up an outline of how I structure it on my phone. Hope it helps

Squat
    Bench
    Vertical row
    Quad volume
    Tricep Bicep
    Rear Side Delts
    Weighted Abs Traps

Bench
    Deadlift
    Horizontal row
    Back volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    BW Abs calves

Squat
    Bench
    Vertical row
    Hamstring/Glute Volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    Weighted Abs Traps

Deadlift
    Bench
    Horizontal row
    Chest volume
    Bicep Tricep
    Bicep Tricep
    Rear Side Delts
    BW Abs Calves

Optional any time: forearm fluff/neck work

Notes:
    -If paired together it’s a superset (such as rear and side delts)
    -Volume means accessory movements such as flyes, pullovers, leg extensions, glute bridge, hamstring curl, etc. Not free weight compounds, isolation bodybuilding style stuff. Things like the leg press and machine presses/rows can be utilized in certain individuals who can tolerate them
    -In the spot of squat bench deadlift row pulldown, these can and likely should be or include variations. Examples would be having an incline bench day, close grip bench day, overhead press day, dumbbell press day, board press day, feet up, etc… Or a paused squat day, a tempo squat day, chains, pins, wraps, belt/unbelted whatever will help the goal you’re catering the block towards. Basically, it’s a rough template of how I approach it. Not a set in stone example. There will be times where I’ll be squatting every session, or benching every other session. If I were building a baseline “off season” full body approach it would likely start off something like this—I would adjust as the block progresses and I see how my body is adapting or my goal is changing.
    -I train this style almost entirely submaximal on every compound lift. Failure is basically only on the accessory/isolation movements. Think going to failure on flyes opposed to competition bench press. Leg extensions opposed to low bar squats.
    -“Calves” may or may not reflect my actual training
    -Overhead pressing with a barbell/dumbbells would replace a bench session, overhead pressing on a machine/smith would be a chest accessory on the volume day
    -If you are strictly bodybuilding this is very likely a suboptimal approach since you would benefit more from less of a s/b/d based foundation
    -Hi @yelrup love u

Any specific questions just ask. Might not be able to respond for a lil while
    [/quote]

This is awesome thank you! had one Q on the lat part of your informational, If i do want to be strictly BB would this full body template still be good for that ? Just do more volume on the compound movements ?

• I simply can’t get into the groove and knock all that shit out in one session. I always get bogged down with the first lift. Especially if I’m Squatting.

• [quote=“Juicebox” pid=‘64796’ dateline=‘1565706325’]
    This is awesome thank you! had one Q on the lat part of your informational, If i do want to be strictly BB would this full body template still be good for that ? Just do more volume on the compound movements ?
    [/quote]
    I would think that more rest–especially with AAS in the equation–would be far more ideal for strictly bodybuilding purposes. Something like upper/lower opposed to full/full. While naturals have that 48? hour window to be concerned about, to my knowledge protein synthesis is elevated for longer periods in steroid users so less frequency is required to reap the same benefits in a muscle building sense. Strength/powerlifting are an entirely different ball game and heightened frequency can have much greater benefits for such goals.

Additionally, less focus on primarily s/b/d and instead more variance in terms of less barbell/dumbbell work and more machine/cables/smith work to allow for much greater total volume each session.

[quote=“HighBarMasterRace” pid=‘65044’ dateline=‘1565874336’]
    I simply can’t get into the groove and knock all that shit out in one session. I always get bogged down with the first lift. Especially if I’m Squatting.
    [/quote]

I would be in the same boat if I were training with a higher intensity. I won’t hit even close to failure on squat/bench/deadlift (variations) for months on end. We’re talking RPE 5-7 or 15-25% below what I could hit on a set near/at failure.

Basic example:
    Say I can do 75% for a 3x10 hitting near or at failure
    In actuality I’ll be doing primarily 50-60% for a 3x10

Where I do hit failure/higher RPE are on isolation/machine exercises which are far less taxing on the CNS. Think: flyes instead of bench, hamstring curls instead of deadlift, leg extensions instead of squats. Even things like hammer strength movements can be hit closer to failure. For me this is the only way it can work otherwise I end up just like you, absolutely fried after my main lift and running on mere fumes afterwards. With bodybuilding (all of this is IMO just for reference, don’t listen to me if you think I’m a retard because you’re probably right) you don’t need to put almost all of your eggs into one basket (s/b/d) and instead you can spread more eggs out among a broad array of exercises which are not only better for hypertrophy but don’t induce nearly as much fatigue in the process. You can place things like your dumbbell/barbell presses near or at the end of your workout whereas people with strength goals on specific lifts would be foolish not to put more eggs into their actual goal over simply building more muscle.

• get a copy of fortitude training by Dr. Scott Stevenson