Recomping on a cycle?

Topic created · 6 Posts · 454 Views
  • How dumb is it to eat roughly at maintenance, or even 250ish calories over while on cycle? I know it’s not optimal for gaining mass/strength, but if I’m just looking to gain a little lean mass and cut some fat at the same time, is it alright? Anyone have experience with this?

• Only cycle I’d generally do this on is Tren. I have had an exceptionally successful recompense on Tren at maintenance

• [quote=“spearofodin” pid=‘63392’ dateline=‘1564705189’]
    How dumb is it to eat roughly at maintenance, or even 250ish calories over while on cycle? I know it’s not optimal for gaining mass/strength, but if I’m just looking to gain a little lean mass and cut some fat at the same time, is it alright? Anyone have experience with this?
    [/quote]

Well, it definitely isn’t optimal.

Depends on what you are going for really, and depends on where you are right now. Want to look good for the beach/summer but still want to try to push your maxes at the gym? Yeah, probably fine. You probably aren’t going to make any significant changes though, which is why I would just recommend eating at maintenance for this sort of thing.

Tren is the only thing I know of that would have a significant affect towards recomping.

It’s “doable” but is going to be significantly worse than just bulking and then cutting. There is also a significant chance that you just end up spinning your wheels and it just becomes a constant switch between a cut/maintenance and a slight bulk, meaning it will be hard for you to visualize or achieve any sort of goals.

• [quote=“spearofodin” pid=‘63392’ dateline=‘1564705189’]
    How dumb is it to eat roughly at maintenance, or even 250ish calories over while on cycle? I know it’s not optimal for gaining mass/strength, but if I’m just looking to gain a little lean mass and cut some fat at the same time, is it alright? Anyone have experience with this?
    [/quote]

In my opinion it’s a waste of time. Do a long lean bulk then slice down. Keep your diet on point and your cut won’t take long if you stay tight on the bulk. Recomp is just a waste of time in my opinion, you won’t see the crazy gains from a bulk or the visual changes of a cut. But do you bro.

• Gotta agree with everyone else. Don’t spin your wheels, get in and get out. Decide whether you want to cut or bulk.

• I ate around that same regime and did a 12 week cycle of 200mg test / 350mg Tren a week and lsot 11 pounds fat tissue and gained 4 pounds lean tissue, according to before and after DXA scans.

I wouldn’t do it again, but it was cool.

just cutting and bulking now, but it IS possible.