Proviron/Hcg for fertility and shbg help

Topic created · 5 Posts · 415 Views
  • Hey guys, I have been off for 10 months trying to get the wife pregnant and no luck so far. I did use proper PCT with hcg during and clomid nolva for 6 weeks pct.

Recently I had bloodwork checked and my LH , FSH and total testosterone numbers are all in check, although I did notice FSH is on the lower end of normal and SHBG was high at 67 which is killing my free T. Im going to get a semen analysis done for peace of mind but my concern is all the years of shbg lowering agents (mast, winny,tbol,proviron) have somehow caused my body to naturally hold more shbg without those agents around to assist in lowering shbg. Total guess here.

I have seen mixed thoughts on proviron being suppressive in the few studies and bro science posts i have seen about proviron. I thought maybe doing 50mg proviron a day along with 500/week hcg could help my fertility and sex drive along with overall well being. Anyone have experience with this? I want to have a kid on the way asap.

• My wife bought this system called Trak.
    https://www.amazon.com/Trak-Fertility-Indicates-Moderate-Eligible/dp/B06WP9Z29W?th=1
    You wait for 48 hours, cum in this cup, let it sit for 30 minutes, mix it with some solution and put it into a provided centrifuge. It will show you how many sperm you have per mL. It’s a good home test just to see where you’re at. Good luck to you both!

• [quote=“emez” pid=‘63033’ dateline=‘1564504293’]
    My wife bought this system called Trak.
    https://www.amazon.com/Trak-Fertility-Indicates-Moderate-Eligible/dp/B06WP9Z29W?th=1
    You wait for 48 hours, cum in this cup, let it sit for 30 minutes, mix it with some solution and put it into a provided centrifuge. It will show you how many sperm you have per mL. It’s a good home test just to see where you’re at. Good luck to you both!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation! I will give that a try.

• [quote=“emez” pid=‘63033’ dateline=‘1564504293’]
    [/quote]

I dunno man, doesn’t seem to be worth the price they’re asking. If you just ask your doctor to write you a lab order for a semen analysis, it’ll likely cost a fraction of this kit. It’s been awhile but I’m pretty sure that I only paid a $20 copay for my semen analyses.

This kit also only gives you a ballpark figure of your sperm count, which I suppose isn’t the end of the world, but it doesn’t give you any other information regarding the other metrics used during an actual semen analysis (motility, morphology, pH, etc). That stuff is pretty important to know.

• [quote=“FixerUpper” pid=‘63059’ dateline=‘1564511935’]
    [quote=“emez” pid=‘63033’ dateline=‘1564504293’]
    [/quote]

I dunno man, doesn’t seem to be worth the price they’re asking. If you just ask your doctor to write you a lab order for a semen analysis, it’ll likely cost a fraction of this kit. It’s been awhile but I’m pretty sure that I only paid a $20 copay for my semen analyses.

This kit also only gives you a ballpark figure of your sperm count, which I suppose isn’t the end of the world, but it doesn’t give you any other information regarding the other metrics used during an actual semen analysis (motility, morphology, pH, etc). That stuff is pretty important to know.
    [/quote]

I agree with your points. This was the just buying me a little time since I was coming off a blast and wanted to let the TE and EQ get out of my system. I was like, I know if they do bloodwork at the same time I’m gonna be way off and my levels all out of whack. I can vouch for SoCo HCG :)