Unidentified package

Topic created · 12 Posts · 999 Views
  • This week from what I can remember and what my email shows, I bought protein powder, protein bars, and a pair of shoes off eBay. Last night I received an email at 11:02pm titled Daniel Palumbo has sent you a package From: Daniel Palumbo at the email address no-reply@stamps.com . It has the stamps.com and USPS marks on the information with shipping details. It has my real address, it’s priority mail, estimated 3 day delivery, tracking number, and DOES NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE. I got an email this morning on Tutanota and while I think it might be spam, it is titled DHS Express and says I have a shipment addressed to me, another link saying to view tracking, and then it says to complete the tracking procedure to confirm my delivery address. This email is from DHS at the email address anigif@users001.phy.hete.ml.jp .I don’t think I’m forgetting anything that I bought making this seem fucking sketchy. This is making me super paranoid. I have no fucking clue what is going on. Please give any advice, suggestions, experiences.

• You shouldn’t have to confirm your address for a delivery. That email the DHL pack is coming from looks fucking weird. You also missed some details, life did you use your tuta email to buy the things off eBay? If no then that email is obviously not your order

If you have questions you should contact DHL about a suspect email, they will be infinitely more helpful at giving you info than any of us

You can also ask the eBay seller for tracking on your stuff and match up the carrier and number

Really there’s nothing here we can tell you. You need to talk to the seller and DHL to get information that’s helpful. Everything here is just speculation

• I have more than one email. Tutanota email is not used for anything but SST or MESO. According to my hotmail. My shoes haven’t shipped yet, my protein powder hasn’t shipped, and my protein bars shipped with a different tracking. So I don’t have a clue what this Daniel palumbo package with stamps tracking is.

• If you Google “who is users001.phy.heteml.jp” it comes up as in Tokyo Japan.

The .jp is Japan origin

• I’m not taking any risks. I think I’m just gonna write return to sender on the box since I don’t have a clue what it could be.

• [quote=“Gbunk” pid=‘62643’ dateline=‘1564267967’]
    I’m not taking any risks. I think I’m just gonna write return to sender on the box since I don’t have a clue what it could be.
    [/quote]

So you receive an unsolicited email about a package that you never ordered asking you to confirm something within the email. Can I humbly suggest that the chances of you actually having a package inbound is remote and that this is purely an email phishing expedition.

Ignore

Delete

Move on

(And FFS don’t click on any confirmation links in the email)

• [quote=“Gbunk” pid=‘62587’ dateline=‘1564242489’]
    This week from what I can remember and what my email shows, I bought protein powder, protein bars, and a pair of shoes off eBay. Last night I received an email at 11:02pm titled Daniel Palumbo has sent you a package From: Daniel Palumbo at the email address no-reply@stamps.com . It has the stamps.com and USPS marks on the information with shipping details. It has my real address, it’s priority mail, estimated 3 day delivery, tracking number, and DOES NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE. I got an email this morning on Tutanota and while I think it might be spam, it is titled DHS Express and says I have a shipment addressed to me, another link saying to view tracking, and then it says to complete the tracking procedure to confirm my delivery address. This email is from DHS at the email address anigif@users001.phy.hete.ml.jp .I don’t think I’m forgetting anything that I bought making this seem fucking sketchy. This is making me super paranoid. I have no fucking clue what is going on. Please give any advice, suggestions, experiences.
    [/quote]

First, check your informed delivery account.

Next, that DHL/DHS email is a phishing email. Don’t fill out anything from that specific email address.

Third, delete all emails regarding this make belief package lol.

• Update. I found out it’s my shoes. I was on eBay and saw my shoes shipped and it matched the same info. I always get an email when an eBay item ships but this one did not notify me. The sender must of sent that email with tracking. Seems stupid but concerning without the email from eBay first.

• Hello,

If its of any value, we also received a string of DHL shipping emails as well. It is just phishing email, and should not be regarded in a serious manner what so ever. Please always verify the actual senders address, as they will most likely be from a randomly generated spam sender’s email.

• [quote=“Gbunk” pid=‘62662’ dateline=‘1564279086’]
    Update. I found out it’s my shoes. I was on eBay and saw my shoes shipped and it matched the same info. I always get an email when an eBay item ships but this one did not notify me. The sender must of sent that email with tracking. Seems stupid but concerning without the email from eBay first.
    [/quote]

Yeah man, when you order from random websites that are using third party sellers, they often fuck up shipping. Same thing will happen when you order from random sellers on Amazon.

I wouldn’t freak out in the future. Sounds like you are being overly paranoid lol, and it is probably time to look at your own security protocol. Like leaving vials out in the open.

Life would be pretty rough if I saw I was getting a package and instantly started freaking out.

• Thanks everyone for the input. @“DNPstoney” think the tren is making me a little paranoid lol

• DHL email is a phishing email. do not respond or open.