Trt for life help.

Topic created · 9 Posts · 1318 Views
  • Thinking hard about going on TRT for life. Im 36 with no health problems. I was going to Cycle and Pct but I heard that its a roller coaster mentally and Trt allows a more enjoyable life.
    My questions are what are the concerns/side effects/ downsides to taking 100mg test E a week. Is there anything else i should have?
    -Blood work every 3 weeks?
    -Should i have an AI or Serms on hand?
    -Should i use HCG weekly also?

Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated. There is not a lot of relevant info when i searched google/reddit. Thank you.

• I’m currently on TRT for the rest of my life. My natty test levels were low 400s without ever touching a Steriod in my life. Not sure why they were so low but I had low energy, no libido, hard time losing fat, depression, ect. I started TRT and would never go back. My clinic prescribes me 250mg Test C a week, Anastrozole, and HCG. I get blood work every 6 months. I also do “blast and cruise” now, where I will take 500-600mg a test a week for 16-20 weeks, then cruise on my TRT dose for a while.

I can’t think of any downside I have had, my BP is always great, I have gained muscle, lost fat, and feel good mentally and physically for the first time in many years. I donate blood to be safe every 3 months or so, but that is about it. Not sure how much this helps, but just my experinece.

• I have low BP and very low cholesterol and been on high end of trt for a good 1.5 years. Don’t go on it until you know you are low test naturally.
    100mg a week of cyp will give you VERY close to a tad over and a tad under natty levels if taken 1 time a week depending on your multiplier.

Over time 100mg would be better shot 50mg twice a week. 21 days in it levels out at a better range than 1 x 100mg shot.

• [quote=“ST444” pid=‘61652’ dateline=‘1563587011’]
    Thinking hard about going on TRT for life. Im 36 with no health problems. I was going to Cycle and Pct but I heard that its a roller coaster mentally and Trt allows a more enjoyable life.
    My questions are what are the concerns/side effects/ downsides to taking 100mg test E a week. Is there anything else i should have?
    -Blood work every 3 weeks?
    -Should i have an AI or Serms on hand?
    -Should i use HCG weekly also?

[/quote]

I used to be a competitive cyclist, training at least 50 miles every day, days off from work would be 120 mile training rides. When I turned 36 the lights went out, had to sleep all the time, couldn’t recover to do three day races anymore. A decade later I was a zombie, no energy, no motivation, and constant suicide ideation, including buying all the supplies to off myself after extensive study.

I knew in the back of my mind my T dropped, but the hassle of going to the doctor only be be told my numbers weren’t below 240 was nothing but frustration.

Moral of the story, if you have low T, it will rob you of your life, I wasted a decade feeling like s***. Stuck a needle in my rear and a week later I rolled out of bed and did pushups, i had energy, about 6 weeks later there was no turning back

My opinion is that 100mg of Test E will provide about 55mg of Test, your body naturally produces around 50 a week if you were in your 20’s. This should be safe.

Things I do. I actually perform my own therapeutic phlebotomy drawing out 250cc of blood every 4 weeks. I use 21g winged infusion(butterfly needles) hooked up to 60cc syringe. I start by first drawing blood into a 10ml EDTA tube and then draw out four syringes of blood and depositing it into a bagged trash can filled with some kitty litter to absorb. I don’t donate blood because they scar my veins and I need my AC veins for life. Even on 100mg I still will have a high HCT despite ample hydration. I set the 10ml EDTA tube in a test tube rack to let gravity separate the plasma from the packed rbcs and a small buffy coat of wbcs on top, takes about 3 days to read and that gives me a good estimate of the percentage of my hematocrit.

Run some baseline labs, CBC,CMP,total T, E2, PSA.

Sub-Q injections twice a week .25ml of 200mg, will provide very even hormone levels, shouldn’t need an AI as long as you’re fairly lean.

Nuts will shrink, who cares. Adding more drugs into the mix just makes things more complicated.

Run these levels for 6 weeks, run another total T, E2, Hemoglobin/Hematocrit.

Run these labs again in 3 months and throw in another PSA to be safe.

As for PCT, forget it. Buy yourself enough T to last, learn to homebrew our own or at least keep some raw on hand in case of an emergency. If you need PCT in an emergency because you’re in some sort of medical crisis, then you’ll be going the traditional medical route anyway. And lets face it, do you really want to go back to having low T, no energy?

You could pay a doctor a fortune for all of this, but I prefer UGL and keeping myself out of harms way by using .22 micro filters and other sterilization methods for my gear, using the smallest doses necessary, and keeping my money in my wallet.
    [hr]
    And I left off that my T levels were 242 when I started myself on Test E.

My doctor told me my levels were fine and there was no need for any concern. Meanwhile I had the noose tied around the rafter beam at home waiting to end that misery.

Bottom line is. Testosterone has been demonized by our society, women can have any drug they want to feel better and they are made to feel empowered, but if a man wants to feel like a man or act like a man then he is ridiculed for not sucking it up and suffering in silence.

I believe there are countless men taking there lives every year because there T levels have dropped to dangerously low levels, it completely changes the way your mind works.

• My strong advice would be to go over to Excelmale forum and start reading. The previous posters are close to what you need (but I did lol at “scar my veins” - btw this is bollocks, just donate if you need to).

First get full starting bloods. Discounted Labs .com have all the tests you need and these were set up/selected by the owner of Excelmale.

You SHBG will help you determine your dose and frequency. Don’t just pin 100mg once per week and hope for the best. Low SHBG needs frequent pins, high SHBG bigger doses but less frequent.

If you are worried/struggling to control hematocrit and E2 then pin more frequently.

• [quote=“Ishitrainbows” pid=‘61887’ dateline=‘1563756456’]
    The previous posters are close to what you need (but I did lol at “scar my veins” - btw this is bollocks, just donate if you need to.[/quote]

Needle size for blood donation is usually 18g, do that every 57 days for 30 years and run into inexperienced phlebotomists, which is almost always the case at a lot of blood drives, and you get what has happened to me on many occasions, collapsed veins, mostly because they go through the vein.

As for scarring of the veins. Plasma donation because of frequency is the best example.

Performing testing/supervising/troubleshooting in all departments of the hospital laboratory, hematology/coagulation, chemistry, microbiology/serology, bloodbanking and having performed tens of thousands of venous and arterial blood collections on all age groups from newborns to geriatrics. I can assure that scarring of the veins does happen with larger gauged needles. Most of the patients present with a divot in the median cubital vein if they were giving at private plasma centers that allow donation every 7 days, because they are being paid for this donation. Of course the Red Cross only allows plasma donation every 28 days to keep away junkies looking for quick cash.

Most of the AAS users aren’t paying attention to their HCT, that’s fine, it’s their choice. However my mindset is to start out conservative and stay with higher frequency injections to avoid side effects that I see often in the gym, that force those blasting and cruising to suffer all sorts of side effects only to crash and burn. If they had only stuck with say no more then 200mg total per week they’d be able to do this the rest of their hopefully long lives.

• If you eat grapefruit there’s a chemical in it that lowers hct, also op follow what SoCo said if you want to avoid going to a doc

• [quote=“SouthernCompounding” pid=‘62435’ dateline=‘1564157345’]
    [quote=“propionate” pid=‘61900’ dateline=‘1563763028’]
    If you eat grapefruit there’s a chemical in it that lowers hct, also op follow what SoCo said if you want to avoid going to a doc
    [/quote]

Naringin is the one you’re referencing. Currently giving it a try to see if it makes any noteworthy differences with my hematocrit. Last time it was checked I was sitting at 57% - this was right before a whole blood donation. Will update in roughly 53 days when I donate again.
    [/quote]

I’d be interested in whether anyone has shown that having a higher hematocrit actually leads to problems when there isn’t additional platelets produced. High Altitude athletes have been bumping up their H&H. Throw in the fact that many of them have not only done EPO, but also testosterone to recover. Where are all these dead athletes? I do remember when EPO was just getting started among cyclist it killed a number of them from strokes, but I gotta wonder about dehydration because of the grueling nature of 6 hours on a bike day after day.

Anyone just let there hematocrit hang out at 60% for years on end and not care. That would be an interesting case study.

• @“SouthernCompounding” I’d love your thoughts/opinions on my situation and pretrt blood test. https://gyazo.com/5d800db3aad7ccc7faf022ef365ce886
    I want to get my levels to 1100-1200 also. starting at 150mg/wk with no AI either. planning to get another blood test at 5-6 weeks in to reevaluate/adjust. I don’t want to mess up body but do want to optimize my health/life. Thanks my man.