More testosterone = more fat?

Topic created · 7 Posts · 552 Views
  • A couple of years ago I did a cycle of 250 mg of test E per week. I saw pretty dramatic gains compared to what I was used to. I got leaner, my neck got thicker, and people started asking me if I was on something. My sex drive increased and I had a lot of energy. I didn’t use anything else, no estrogen blockers or PCT. I was told that on such a small dose it wouldn’t be necessary.

Fast forward to about a month and a half ago and I started another cycle. I was seeing a similar progression compared to last time and I felt the same way. I had a few people recommend that I do a more “typical” beginner’s cycle of 500 mg a week. So about 3 weeks ago I switched to 250 mg twice a week (Mon & Thurs). I felt even better for about 3 or 4 days but suddenly I started feeling tired. I thought I just needed more sleep but I noticed that I felt that way every day. Also, I look much fatter. It has to be water weight because I’m still eating clean and the weight came on within 2 weeks. I just seem to have less definition now and I’m “puffy”. But it seems like it puffed up my mid section more than anything. Previously it would be my shoulders and traps that were bigger, but now it’s my torso.

Has anyone seen this before? I’m still on a fairly low dose, what most people call a “beginner” dose. Do you think that upping the dose from 250mg to 500mg spiked my estrogen levels which caused this to happen?

I still have my strength in the gym and it’s still increasing quickly, so it’s a different feeling than if I were losing muscle.

• sounds like 250 did good for you, 500 obviously better, but that comes with more aromatization. It is clear your gear isn’t bunk, but what is clear is it seems your E2 is up. Don’t go blasting asin or any AIs, get blood work done after your next pin unless the lethargy is really bad start with a E3D protocol for asin/adex and go from there. Adex works much faster than asin but going from high E2 to 0 E2 will fuck you up too, play it safe. Also, whoever said no PCt is prob a tard, suppression is suppression. PCT speeds up the system reboot, Id rather be mostly normal in 2-3 months than wait 6+ months no PCT with potential to fuck myself for good.

• Thanks for the tips

• [quote=“RandomDude123” pid=‘61429’ dateline=‘1563483594’]
    Thanks for the tips
    [/quote]

Yeah, all your sides are literally textbook high E2 sides. The more Test you take, the more E2 you produce. On low doses of Test, this isn’t normally a ton of E2. On higher dosages, it can be a lot.

Get bloodwork (as suggested) and start an AI (Aromasin or Arimidex) based on the results. You can come back here or another AAS forum (though, they can be a crapshoot of accurate information) for analysis help on your bloodwork.

• Thanks DNP.

And just an update, I cut the rice out of my diet for the last couple of days and ran/sprinted in the morning and the evening. Already I’m looking leaner. So there’s no way it’s fat, it’s all water. I wish I knew what exactly controls whether the muscle or the fat holds the water. Yesterday morning I was 187 lbs and I’m already down to 182 lbs.

So basically the high E makes it easier to hold bloat, but it’s not fat.

• [quote=“RandomDude123” pid=‘61622’ dateline=‘1563578081’]
    Thanks DNP.

And just an update, I cut the rice out of my diet for the last couple of days and ran/sprinted in the morning and the evening. Already I’m looking leaner. So there’s no way it’s fat, it’s all water. I wish I knew what exactly controls whether the muscle or the fat holds the water. Yesterday morning I was 187 lbs and I’m already down to 182 lbs.

So basically the high E makes it easier to hold bloat, but it’s not fat.
    [/quote]

For every gram of carb your body stores you hold 2-4 grams of water in your body. Muscle contains more significantly more water than fat tissue. Fat tissue is about 83% fat and 17% everything else (water included), so your fat isn’t the part holding the water

A general rule is you don’t gain/lose muscle or fat in a day. This process takes time, so if you can lose the weight in a week or less chances are it’s water weight and glycogen retention in your muscles

• Should have just went up a bit instead of jumping right into 500 a week. Maybe tried 350-375 first see how that goes.