VPN

Topic created · 8 Posts · 555 Views
  • What is your view on using a VPN when dealing with sst, meso, Tutanota, etc? Do you?

• Some swear by it, personally I don’t think it matters. We have no verifiable proof that VPN services or TOR browser make someone any less likely to be popped than someone not using one or both. Do whatever makes you comfortable.

• [quote=“Animutiddies” pid=‘61344’ dateline=‘1563420080’]
    Some swear by it, personally I don’t think it matters. We have no verifiable proof that VPN services or TOR browser make someone any less likely to be popped than someone not using one or both. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
    [/quote]

I’ve been browsing forums for years and never saw anything about it till a couple days ago and it just made me wonder. I would rather bit the bullet looking like an idiot and ask than being at risk. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

• Never used it. Due to the sheer amount of members on tons of aas sites, I doubt many even use one and that it’ll do anything anyways.

• [quote=“Gbunk” pid=‘61348’ dateline=‘1563421143’]
    [quote=“Animutiddies” pid=‘61344’ dateline=‘1563420080’]
    Some swear by it, personally I don’t think it matters. We have no verifiable proof that VPN services or TOR browser make someone any less likely to be popped than someone not using one or both. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
    [/quote]

I’ve been browsing forums for years and never saw anything about it till a couple days ago and it just made me wonder. I would rather bit the bullet looking like an idiot and ask than being at risk. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
    [/quote]

I used to use one, but as time went on, I started coming to the forums too much lol. It got annoying to have to start up and exit a server everytime that I wanted to switch between a doing things, as certain services (like Netflix) block VPN connections and many video games either throttle speeds or do not let you connect using VPNs.

If you are just a casual user here, there really isn’t a need. Use one if you want of course, but you shouldn’t have anything to fear if you don’t.

Now, if you are a source here or doing other more questionable things online, I would suggest a VPN. And in these cases, a VPN is normally one of your smallest worries.

• Cyber security is almost meaningless when buying/selling steroids on the clear net. Nobody gets caught because they aren’t using a Tor Browser, or because they didn’t have their VPN on, or even because they are using a non secure email.

• Thanks for the input fellas, greatly appreciate it.

• I use a vpn…though it’s more so for downloading movie torrents lol. I wouldn’t worry about getting one if your concern is specifically due to posting and ordering from this site.