HGH Dimer and Related Protein Content

Topic created · 4 Posts · 137 Views
  • Hey all,

I’m currently looking to begin a HGH protocol, so I started to review available testing from sources on the board.

A question that I haven’t been able to determine when browsing through the forum is related to HGH and dimer content. I understand that dimer’s are bound proteins that act differently than monomer’s (therefore reducing the efficacy of the product tested), however, I’m having a hard time finding a “cut-off” for what acceptable dimer content is. In May 2018, @Janoshik replied to a post noting that anything below 4% falls within pharma grade, however, can you folks share what you would consider unacceptable dimer content (e.g. anything > 1.2% you would not purchase.)

Additionally, are there any known side-effects related to dimer content? Since it’s generic GH, I realize that we can only discuss anecdotally reported adverse events, but I wanted to hear thoughts here as well.

Thank you all, look forward to learning from those of you who have spent time with the compound.

Best,
    Humble

• Anecdotally, I’d like to see 0.1% at most - most prominently, there’s a discussion on ‘goldtropin’ or so in Meso’s HGH section that are 99.5% purity with 0.5% dimer iirc and crippling people with side effects left and right, so especially for those wanting to take >3iu daily, minimizing dimer & thus side effects should be a priority.

• @TheHumbleConquistador Hey I couldn’t find the thread where you were asking what the dimer actually is and you were asking for microbiologists.

I am a biologist and currently applying to medical school I would like to give my thoughts on this since I couldn’t find anything either. I could be 100% wrong though.

So you are right, a dimer is two monomer proteins bound together. I imagine this happens through the lyophilization process, which is just a fancy term for freeze drying. I would imagine that if two of the monomers were bound together, thereby forming a dimer, it would just be rendered inactive. So I would venture to guess that you could just consider dimer content inactive growth.

• @Liska Thank you for your perspective! And I actually do remember that specific thread on Meso. If I recall, the conversation ran for some time with everyone positing different sides.

@JAKRPH Appreciate your thoughts as well! That explanation makes sense and is a straightforward way to think of it (and it logically makes sense as well). Thanks for jumping in and giving that view, I always thought it would be interesting to go to school for that (I don’t think I could have made it through), so good luck with your studies!

Best,
    Humble