Depression worsening on cycle

Topic created · 15 Posts · 299 Views
  • Has anyone noticed their depression get worse after starting a cycle? I started my first blast cycle of 500mg cyp/week, split 2x a week. I’ve had depression my whole life, I also have low-t, I’ve read studies about a correlation between low test and depression and was hoping getting T levels up would treat it.

I’ve done TRT twice from a clinic, both headaches so I decided to try the blast and cruise lifestyle.

Today starts my third week, but the past few days have been the worst ever for me. Idk if I should come off the T totally? Lower dosages to TRT levels? Or continue with blast.

Any input would be appreciated.

TL;DR Has anyone who suffers with depression realized it getting worse on cycle?

• @biker811 I’ve definitely noticed running high test increases my anxiety/ depression. Test 400mg and below is where I’ve found best for my mental health. I also don’t run compounds like tren, eq, deca, etc. I’ve found masteron makes me feel better and I want to try primo bc I’ve heard it helps as well. At the end of the day it’s about how you’re living your life and what all is going on in your day to day but some compounds can definitely intensify mental health issues. I’d recommend dropping the dose down some.

• @supercam23
    Thanks man I appreciate it! Guess I’ll lower my weekly dosage to ~300

• @biker811 my aggression and anxiety get high above 400mg per week. Also, consider splitting that cyp into three sub q injections per week. Monday Wednesday Friday worked out really well for me. My docs for the past two years have really been pushing the 3x and subq for cyp. It’s truly a great way to get stable test levels without going the pellet route.

As for the depression and possibly anxiety I can recommend Hatha yoga. Go download the MINDBODY app and try a session of it somewhere. I’ve suffered from depression since the 4th grade and aside from completely taxing myself in the gym it’s the best physical activity I have ever done for my depression and anxiety. I walk out of each session feeling incredibly relaxed with an upward outlook to start my day. I noticed it after my second session. I think it has to do with the breathing and feeling more in the moment rather than worrying about the past or the future. It really has benefitted my lifting too.

I hope it gets better. You aren’t alone in the fight against depression. There’s millions of people just like us. Especially during the pandemic. Keep up the good fight.

• Hey @biker811, as @supercam23 noted - please be sure to stay away from any compounds that have antiestrogenic effects like EQ without a significant test base (however it seems like you’re just running straight test - so I’ll assume this is not the case.)

A blood test may be the only way to confirm what is occurring because we could have 1 of 2 things happening:

1. You are NOT running an AI and your E2 levels are insanely high - causing anxiety/depression.
    2. You ARE running an AI and your E2 levels are insanely low - causing anxiety/depression.

Again, the only way to confirm would be to have a blood test to tell us what your E2 levels are. If a blood test is out of the question, then titrating the dosage down (as suggested) would confirm that these are estrogenic sides and you could properly manage them from there in the future.

Best,
    Humble

• @Asus

Thanks bro, dark days currently but can only hope for brighter ones ahead.

• @TheHumbleConquistador said in Depression worsening on cycle:

Hey @biker811, as @supercam23 noted - please be sure to stay away from any compounds that have antiestrogenic effects like EQ without a significant test base (however it seems like you’re just running straight test - so I’ll assume this is not the case.)

A blood test may be the only way to confirm what is occurring because we could have 1 of 2 things happening:

1. You are NOT running an AI and your E2 levels are insanely high - causing anxiety/depression.
    2. You ARE running an AI and your E2 levels are insanely low - causing anxiety/depression.

Again, the only way to confirm would be to have a blood test to tell us what your E2 levels are. If a blood test is out of the question, then titrating the dosage down (as suggested) would confirm that these are estrogenic sides and you could properly manage them from there in the future.

Best,
    Humble

Definitely going to avoid those. I planned to do bloods about halfway through, but now I’m wondering if should get bloods ASAP.

I was going to hold off on AI until I felt I neeed it, that said last week the depression got bad so I took .5 Arimidex on two different days.

If I get bloodwork done, when should I do it? After pinning or after popping an Arimidex? X number of days after both?

Thank you

• Typically Test C is going to take 4 weeks to reach blood saturation levels and it’s suggested to get blood tests in week 5 to 6. Test C reaches peak E2 levels day 4 to 5 after the final pin, so I would suggest pinning and waiting 48 hours for a blood draw, that will provide you a median E2 profile.

With the information referenced above, do you know when you feel peak depression? If it’s multiple days post pin (like it’s the worst right before your second pin of the week), I think we may have determined the issue. As far as how long after an AI to get your blood drawn, you basically want to develop a dosing schedule and then get your blood drawn. AIs like anastrozole carry a 50% E2 reduction coupled with a half life of 40-50 hours.

If it’s possible, I would suggest removing the AI from the equation for at least 3 days prior to the blood draw. Although, another big indicator would be that if you feel BETTER after the AI, then this is definitely an estrogen issue.

• the fix for me was making the dosage EVERYDAY not 3.5 consistent blood levels with no fluctuations is ideal for ANY cycle.

heres your standard cycle at 250mg 2x a week a3f9bf6d228c0b0a70696704e668a41a--steve-reeves-body-builders.jpg

and heres your cycle if you split it up into 81 mg EVERYDAY ideally SUB q stabl;e.JPG

as you can see MUCH MUCH more stable hardly any ups and downs

• @Astrogains
    Interesting.

What is your weekly dosage? And daily dosage?

• @biker811 well since im on a blast i turned 500 a week into 81 a day. i just know its made my mood smoother and i dont feel a crash. I pin with the smallest needle i can find which is insulin needles 31 gauge or something like that into my delt or sub Q fat. super easy, quick to do and im alot more stronger.

• I would not expect to run 500mg Test without an AI.

• I often run TEST E 400 weekly, the first couple of times I tried TEST my anxiety levels spiked and depression well it surged to surface nothing to significant but significant enough to make it notice. Nowadays I run a proper cycle and had no experience any of those. I have buddies who say the experience these problem but they run crazy amount like 600-700 Test week plus some other gear. Last couple post are very helpful and informative! Don’t battle depression alone we all here to help you mate! cheers!

• Personally when Im on cycle my mood becomes so much better, but you CANNOT forget an AI. Forgetting to take an AI will have horrible effects on your mood and cause ups and downs.

• @biker811

Hey man The Humble c hit the nail on the head . Thats going to be a big part of your issue . Trying to balance estrogen can be tricky . Its even harder to balance progesterone if your sensitive when running tren or npp
    I dont suffer from depression but I have run my fair share of gear and I am very sensitive to tren . I have gone to a pretty dark place on it, to the point where I will only run it pre contest and on enough stimulants to be flooding my dopamine receptors . Its a rough bounce back though.
    Be safe brother . Hope you get things straightened out