Finally getting to a doctor;

Topic created · 6 Posts · 142 Views
  • Finally getting to my doctor for bloodwork.

From what I’ve read and been told, I should request a full male and female hormonal panel, right?

I’m currently 10 (of 20) weeks blasting just 600mg a week (or thereabouts).

• Can you not get bloodwork privately in your state? Are you open with your doctor about use?

• @CaptainAmerica

I live in Ireland. Everything is difficult and lacking. My option for a private clinic is not doing hormonal panels right now. My doctor is my only option. And she’s gonna hear about it for the first time tomorrow.

• @OldManMarc I think his concern was primarily with health insurance, and presumably you have Nationalized insurance in Ireland so you’re good.

• @OldManMarc said in Finally getting to a doctor;:

Finally getting to my doctor for bloodwork.

From what I’ve read and been told, I should request a full male and female hormonal panel, right?

I’m currently 10 (of 20) weeks blasting just 600mg a week (or thereabouts).

In all likelihood, asking like this will mean absolutely nothing to your doctor. There are no universally accepted male or female hormone panels. You’ll hear those phrases mentioned often here because that’s what some of the common panels are called on third party bloodwork websites, like LabsMD.com. To a doctor, they’re just vague descriptions.

Figure out which specific tests you’d like to have performed, and ask for them by name.

• @FixerUpper

I do understand how vague it could be, yes.

I asked to have a full count
    On testosterone done. She’s also said she wanted to see if my estrogen levels put me ‘at risk’. So I assume that I’m getting a full testosterone count, and also a detailed check on my E2. She took what I think was 7 or 8 vials of blood, so she must be checking a lot. If I can get those two I will know where I stand, the more I understand about my own E2 levels the better I will be during the cycle. And of course the total testosterone will show how good the stuff is. I asked about free testosterone also, but it was never confirmed or denied. I started my Tbol today, so my free test should increase now anyway.

My test was done 28 hours (roughly) after a pin. But, I did take a full 25mg aromasin 48 hours before as my chest/breast area got pretty weird. A feeling I can’t really describe.

I’m still new to this, no amount of research can give me what actual experience would.