Different TRT protocols

Topic created · 7 Posts · 234 Views
  • I’ve been to two different TRT docs in the last few years and both had different protocols. I’m curious if one method is better(more correct) than the other.

Doc 1:
    200mg Cyp 1xweek, and 2 HcG trouches per week. No AI given. After 8 weeks they wanted more money so I stopped, no pct suggested or given.

Doc 2:
    200mg Cyp 1xweek, .5 arimidex 2x week. After 10 weeks doc wanted me to pct with Clomid and HcG shots(standard pct)

Doc 2 said if I May want kids someday he recommends cycling TRT. And not using HcG on cycle, pct only.

I’m just curious if any of you more experienced guys have any input on the different protocols, my plan right now is BnC but because of bloodwork laws in my state it’s nice having a doc to write scripts.

• Doc 1: If he’s testing your testosterone and estradiol both to be in range on that protocol, no AI is needed and your test dose is fine (again, assuming you aren’t out of range). You do not PCT on TRT.

Doc 2: Nutcase, avoid at all costs. You do not PCT every 10 weeks and hCG is used while on TRT if your goal is fertility, not for coming off of it - you don’t come off of TRT.

I again must reiterate that TRT is not a ‘cycle’ and it is not something you ‘cycle on and off of’. There is no PCT involved in TRT at all. This is not a thing. If you are coming off every X weeks you are just doing repetetive naturally-dosed steroid cycles, which is utterly stupid (sorry, not attacking you and more so the doctor).

I am on TRT, have been for like 6 years, been to many doctors in multiple countries (all while on TRT), ranging from endos to GPs to sports orthos to even those anti-aging clinics. Ideally you’d pin 100mg 2x/wk. instead of 200mg 1x/wk., but if your doctor is adamant about doing 200 1x/wk. just ignore him and do 100 2x/wk. - he won’t be able to tell.

• @A-Former-User said in Different TRT protocols:

Doc 1: If he’s testing your testosterone and estradiol both to be in range on that protocol, no AI is needed and your test dose is fine (again, assuming you aren’t out of range). You do not PCT on TRT.

Doc 2: Nutcase, avoid at all costs. You do not PCT every 10 weeks and hCG is used while on TRT if your goal is fertility, not for coming off of it - you don’t come off of TRT.

I again must reiterate that TRT is not a ‘cycle’ and it is not something you ‘cycle on and off of’. There is no PCT involved in TRT at all. This is not a thing. If you are coming off every X weeks you are just doing repetetive naturally-dosed steroid cycles, which is utterly stupid (sorry, not attacking you and more so the doctor).

I am on TRT, have been for like 6 years, been to many doctors in multiple countries (all while on TRT), ranging from endos to GPs to sports orthos to even those anti-aging clinics. Ideally you’d pin 100mg 2x/wk. instead of 200mg 1x/wk., but if your doctor is adamant about doing 200 1x/wk. just ignore him and do 100 2x/wk. - he won’t be able to tell.

This gent hit the nail on the head about your docs. I’d take it a step further and take the 200mg TRT cyp split into 3x per week sub Q to the stomach. Most docs have switched to that protocol in early 2019 when research came out. Keeps your levels nice and even.

• @Asus said in Different TRT protocols:

@A-Former-User said in Different TRT protocols:

This gent hit the nail on the head about your docs. I’d take it a step further and take the 200mg TRT cyp split into 3x per week sub Q to the stomach. Most docs have switched to that protocol in early 2019 when research came out. Keeps your levels nice and even.

Do you have a link to this research? I’ve never heard a TRT doc recommend subq shots

• Doc 1: 200mg is way way above replacement levels, and with the HCG on top you might have E2 problems, since weekly bolus will have a higher peak in hormone levels. Dumb frequency for Test C
    Doc 2: moron

• @biker811 sorry you’re in a spot where you have to pick the lesser of the idiots. if you want the script for bloodwork purposes, then go with whichever doc costs less and requires less interaction and oversight.

• @biker811

I’d have to call my two old clinics and ask them for their studies. I used one local doctor who was phenomenal and one online clinic. Both said the same thing. A quick google search produced this result which cites studies. TRT is absolutely fine to be done subq. I was given Cyp in cottonseed oil both times. I’ve done TRT in every way possible except for belly jelly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.regenxhealth.com/amp/subcutaneous-injection-of-testosterone