IM vs SQ

Topic created · 10 Posts · 193 Views
  • Curious what members feelings are on IM vs SQ injections for Test (and Deca in this case) and why? I’ve read that IM is preferable because of the greater blood flow in muscles and faster absorption of the compound, but the flip side many argue is that frequent IM injections in the same area (which will eventually happen over years of use) can cause accumulation of scar tissue, while SQ injections avoid that while simultaneously providing for a slower compound absorption and more stable serum levels.

• @lunchbeast sub q maybe if using trt volumes of oil, for cycles man just do IM. If your using 23,25g+ needles IM scar tissue is overblown.

• @PrimoRox, thanks. Maybe cycling Deca - I’ll need to see how bad the sides are at my low dose - but the Test is HRT and ongoing, not cycling. Consequently, we’re talking about 3x week, rotating (with the Deca) through delt/delt/pec/pec if I go IM for forever. Never have been a fan of injecting my quads, and I’ve never been able to twist around to hit my glutes due to shoulder issues.

With that in mind, do you still think scar tissue is overblown?

• @lunchbeast how much deca are you talking about running? I personally wouldn’t be concerned but you could also go the route of pinning the deca once per week, that’ll cut the frequency way down obviously.

• @PrimoRox said in IM vs SQ:

@lunchbeast how much deca are you talking about running? I personally wouldn’t be concerned but you could also go the route of pinning the deca once per week, that’ll cut the frequency way down obviously.

Not him but is pinning deca once a week equally as effective as splitting the dose?

• Deca (decanoate) has a 16 day half life, there’s no reason to pin twice a week. No need in a bolus either.

With Deca you should start with the intention that you’re on for a long haul. So start out with small doses, half of what you take with T or even less.

You don’t need a lot of Deca to see results, but you probably won’t have much in the way of results for 6 weeks.

Nandrolone needs to be run with a reason in mind. As far as muscle building, Test is superior, that’s what the science shows. As far as damage to your endothelium lining your arteries long term Nandrolone use is 9 times more destructive, as well as a blood pressure increase. Cognitive sides of depression, anxiety, are from the DHN attaching to DHT receptors in your brain. Not trying to keep you from using it, just information to use how you see fit.

• SubQ gets a bad rap, people want you to pin IM.

SubQ shots need to be kept at

• @lunchbeast if you’re doing a dose of these compounds that’s beyond just therapeutic you’ll be putting at least a few mls into you each week and you do not want that much oil in your skin. If you don’t believe me, try it. Put just 1cc of each in a subq injection and tell us how it feels lol
    I appreciate your curiosity though it’s good to think differently but this will just straight up not feel good

• @BigDaddyV5150, I know what you mean about the volume. These are therapeutic doses, but even at that level the pressure from the oil can sometimes be uncomfortable.

• @lunchbeast well in that case I’d say it’s gonna vary person to person. I’ve done sub q shots of test and it’s fine but start low and see what you can handle nothings worse than doing a shot and being like “fuck I shouldn’t have done that” lol