Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please)

Topic created · 14 Posts · 227 Views
  • So long story short I’m on TRT, and for my labs this time I’ve kept EQ in my system alongside my TRT dose. Everything came back fine, only…my test is sky fucking high, talking double the range. I’m on 100mg (using a prescribed vial currently) and I know exactly where that puts me, so the only things that it could be are:

A. the EQ (300mg/wk.) is skewing the test result to show incredibly high numbers relative to the amount of test I am on

B. the EQ I am talking is actually test/contains test

Not jumping to any conclusions. Just want some input from others, more specifically those who have gotten bloods while on EQ and knew what the dose of test they were on should put them at, or if anybody has literature/explanations that could help me I’d greatly appreciate it.

Gotta figure out how the fuck to explain this to my doctor now, ugh. Thanks everybody

• it sounds like your EQ is test…
    was red blood cell count much higher than norm also ?

• @87poopcoupe No, not at all actually, and in the past I was running borderline high on RBC/HCT — I’m nowhere near borderline high right now. That’s a good point. Appreciate the input, friend.

• Bump, doctor is not a happy camper

• @kingofcarbz said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

Bump, doctor is not a happy camper

Couldn’t you make up some story about possibly accidentally forgetting if you took your shot or not and could have possibly doubled up one day by accident because that was a super hectic week you had when you got the blood drawn? Like…stop using the extra, give it a couple weeks to start dropping and get tested again. See? A fluke. Must have been a big oopsie. Woops.

• @TheGrayvenWarlock I understand your intent is to help but I’m not seeking advice on lying to my doctor; rather, help figuring out why my results are this way. What you suggested isn’t an option under my circumstances.

• @kingofcarbz EQ isn’t test; therefore, EQ won’t elevate your test levels on bloodwork. I want to say that is the case for practically any AAS besides test, but there may be a couple that will. EQ isn’t one of them. Truthfully, I’m not aware of any AAS that will elevate your test on bloodwork besides test.

Based on the fact you’re in a healthy range of RBC, I’d wager you’re not injecting EQ. Since no main stream AAS will raise your test besides test and your test is still elevated, you’re injecting a estered test.

• Ya I would look at other markers to determine. Obviously increased test would lean to the EQ being (somewhat) test.

I would be curious about the estrogen levels for a second “confirmation”.

• Here is the info:

Testosterone is significantly HIGHER than is has ever been on 100mg test/wk. alone

RBC/HCT is LOWER than it has ever been on any drugs, and I was bordering high just last year

Estradiol is LOWER than it has ever been on 100mg test/wk. alone

This was on an alleged 100 test/300 eq., the test is straight from the pharmacy. No AI, no hCG.

• @kingofcarbz have you been cutting? Doing higher volumes of training/cardio? Leaner? These could ootentiallly explain the lower hematology values and lower e2 but if not that is certainly an odd one

• Hello sir, you are correct, EQ can skew testosterone results if the methodology used was the Roche ECLIA test. I won’t get into details so that you can stay awake, but this is a sloppy test and one that doctors favor because it is generally decent for people that aren’t using PED’s. It is a down and dirty test that returns results the next day usually. What you need is the LC/MS-MS test, which is generally a bit more money and sometimes doctors have a hard time justifying it to the insurance.

Basically the test counts all androgens as Test, it is not specific enough to tell the difference. So whomever told you it isn’t possible, was incorrect (above). I don’t know who your source is but don’t go banging down their door just yet. You can get a LC/MS-MS for about 100 dollars anonymously if you like. That will tell you the real numbers, and, if having done that they are the same then you might have a reason to start knocking.

Here’s a link to a rudimentary hypothesis testing.
    https://moreplatesmoredates.com/the-most-accurate-testosterone-blood-test/

Hope that helps. You are welcome to email me if you need help getting your bloods drawn. You know where to find me,
    Thank you,
    SYn

• This post is deleted!
  • @blothhonder said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

@kingofcarbz EQ isn’t test; therefore, EQ won’t elevate your test levels on bloodwork. I want to say that is the case for practically any AAS besides test, but there may be a couple that will. EQ isn’t one of them. Truthfully, I’m not aware of any AAS that will elevate your test on bloodwork besides test.

Based on the fact you’re in a healthy range of RBC, I’d wager you’re not injecting EQ. Since no main stream AAS will raise your test besides test and your test is still elevated, you’re injecting a estered test.

Nandrolone is one of the few AAS for which there is medical literature showing its potential interference with certain testosterone assays. There are tons of anecdotal reports of Nandrolone acting in this manner as well, and in my experience it’s definitely been the culprit for some wacky bloodwork over the years.

While I haven’t seen any literature showing EQ to potentially skew testosterone results, I’ve seen more than a few anecdotes/bloodwork where guys ran into this issue with EQ.

Other steroid hormones (not AAS) are known to interfere with certain testing methodologies, so it doesn’t seem too far fetched that some of our beloved AAS may act similarly. They just haven’t been tested as such for obvious reasons.

• Still really unsure but I definitely don’t think it’s worth bringing up to my source given I can’t do any further testing and I can’t see it being worth his time to look into some old ass batch of EQ over this. Obviously it sucks to be unsure but I’m leaning towards it being EQ over test if it were between the two so that kind of puts me at ease.

@PrimoRox said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

@kingofcarbz have you been cutting? Doing higher volumes of training/cardio? Leaner? These could ootentiallly explain the lower hematology values and lower e2 but if not that is certainly an odd one

Opposite I’m afraid. My last bloods were after 4? months of not eating or lifting (gyms closed) and down 40-some lbs. These were about 20 lbs heavier than the first ones. Training is lower volume relative to what I would normally do, but higher relative to the 4 months of doing nothing.

@Synergy-Forge said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

Hello sir, you are correct, EQ can skew testosterone results if the methodology used was the Roche ECLIA test. I won’t get into details so that you can stay awake, but this is a sloppy test and one that doctors favor because it is generally decent for people that aren’t using PED’s. It is a down and dirty test that returns results the next day usually. What you need is the LC/MS-MS test, which is generally a bit more money and sometimes doctors have a hard time justifying it to the insurance.

Basically the test counts all androgens as Test, it is not specific enough to tell the difference. So whomever told you it isn’t possible, was incorrect (above). I don’t know who your source is but don’t go banging down their door just yet. You can get a LC/MS-MS for about 100 dollars anonymously if you like. That will tell you the real numbers, and, if having done that they are the same then you might have a reason to start knocking.

Here’s a link to a rudimentary hypothesis testing.
    https://moreplatesmoredates.com/the-most-accurate-testosterone-blood-test/

Hope that helps. You are welcome to email me if you need help getting your bloods drawn. You know where to find me,
    Thank you,
    SYn

I’m sadly not in the USA but thank you for the information about the types of testing! These labs are meant to be for my TRT so they’re covered by my health care.

@FixerUpper said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

@blothhonder said in Can EQ Skew Testosterone Level on Bloods? (Experiences please):

@kingofcarbz EQ isn’t test; therefore, EQ won’t elevate your test levels on bloodwork. I want to say that is the case for practically any AAS besides test, but there may be a couple that will. EQ isn’t one of them. Truthfully, I’m not aware of any AAS that will elevate your test on bloodwork besides test.

Nandrolone is one of the few AAS for which there is medical literature showing its potential interference with certain testosterone assays. There are tons of anecdotal reports of Nandrolone acting in this manner as well, and in my experience it’s definitely been the culprit for some wacky bloodwork over the years.

While I haven’t seen any literature showing EQ to potentially skew testosterone results, I’ve seen more than a few anecdotes/bloodwork where guys ran into this issue with EQ.

Other steroid hormones (not AAS) are known to interfere with certain testing methodologies, so it doesn’t seem too far fetched that some of our beloved AAS may act similarly. They just haven’t been tested as such for obvious reasons.

Thank you for the input!