Diabetes and steroids

Topic created · 8 Posts · 108 Views
  • I made a post about this a while ago, but never got any responses from diabetics! So I’m attempting again lol

Are there any diabetics here that can share their steroid use with me? I’d like to know what compounds either raised or lowered your blood sugar.

I’m now under the assumption that all orals will cause insulin resistance due to my own personal experience. Would also like some input on that as well.

• I’m type 1 and have never experienced insulin resistance with oral steriods but I’ve only used moderate doses of T-bol, D-bol and anavar. I typically have improved insulin sensitivity since glycogen asorption improves.

How is your diet and macro’s set up? wt., BF%?

Obviously not a good idea for us type 1 diabetics to run GH but I do typically run 200 to 500mg of Test year round and will throw in moderate doses of tren or Masteron for short blast depending on my training cycle/goals which I also typically get improved insulin sensitivity. Metformin might help if you’re not already on it.

• @swollerblader

Right now I’m maintaining between 170-173lbs.
    at 5’10 and I’d say I’m between 12-15%. Only have done one cycle of 500mg test and I’m cruising on 150mgs now.

On that blast I was at 1iu for 10g of carbs and now since cruising I’m back down to 1iu for 8g. On a pump with Dexcom. Use about 45-55 units a day with 15-20 of those units being my basal.

I’ve considered metformin but haven’t tried it yet! Do you take it and if so how much?

I tried berberine but it was a hit or miss for me. I ended up dropping all the way to 38 the first day I took it lol. It was weird. I’d either have my BG skyrocket then crash, or maintain itself then drop rapidly.

• @Suprhero said in Diabetes and steroids:

s and now since cruising I’m back down to 1iu for 8g. On a pump with Dexcom. Use about 45-55 units a day with 15-20 of those units being my basal.
    I’ve considered metformin but haven’t tried it yet! Do you take it and if so how much

not a diabetic but im taking metformin. the standard dose is 1000mg/day. it can cause stomach issues, so you could work up to that 1000/mg.

• @monkey585 Just a reminder if your going to use metformin 1000mg it’s most likely the extended release! The first 2weeks will give you the runs! I see it all the time in my ER.

• @chilledassfuck said in Diabetes and steroids:

@monkey585 Just a reminder if your going to use metformin 1000mg it’s most likely the extended release! The first 2weeks will give you the runs! I see it all the time in my ER.

yea ive heard stories like that. i started at 500mg/day with 2iu of hgh. only bumped up to 1000mg/day after i upped my gh dose to 5iu eod.

• @monkey585 Be careful with insulin bro! I have seen the dangers of to much and too little and it’s not pretty! Good Luck!

• @chilledassfuck im not using insulin and have no intention of touching the stuff. i switched from 3.33iu M-F to 5iu eod because i read a bunch of stuff about eod dosing having less sides. it also ends up being less total pins for me because i can pin hcg with the gh.