ACNE from steroids - let's talk GETTING CLEAR

Topic created · 15 Posts · 518 Views
  • Needing this really bad. I feel disgusting. Like a scarred monster with nothing else to live for but my sweet precious gains. Lol.

Tren seems to be the worse offender. I also see some correlation with dairy. I am now starting an expensive chemical peel treatment and will get microneedling done monthly.

I have accutane on hand. I am scared to use it though.

Does any one have any success stories with acne taming?

My acne is cystic in nature, but I am mostly scarred - all over my back. The plan is to get the breakouts controlled and then just get tatted the fuck up.

• Accutane is extremely effective against cystic acne. I would honestly take it and stop doing the chemical peels and microneedling. Unless that stuff is actually working. I guess you can wait and see. But seriously, Accutane works. Not sure how bad your acne is right now. If you stick with the Accutane you will be clear. It might some time to get there, but you will. You have to be patient with Accutane. It actually might get a little worse when you first start taking it, but then it gets a lot better.

• Tane works it is just hell and winter is approaching so do it now when sun isnt a bitch. microneedling works but takes time. Ive used it for stretch marks between shoulders/pec area and theyve faded quite nicely in just 3 months I honestly forgot to keep doing it since I moved apartments but deep purple stretchmarks = gone. much lighter and some almost smooth and not noticeable unless you search for it. I see acne as no different it is just about how much time can you commit. Chemical peels work but are short term, if you dont deal with the acne itself it will just come back and youll be back at step 1. Tame with tane and youll not go insane

• [quote=“Powerful77” pid=‘98700’ dateline=‘1600576171’]
    Needing this really bad. I feel disgusting. Like a scarred monster with nothing else to live for but my sweet precious gains. Lol.

Tren seems to be the worse offender. I also see some correlation with dairy. I am now starting an expensive chemical peel treatment and will get microneedling done monthly.

I have accutane on hand. I am scared to use it though.

Does any one have any success stories with acne taming?

My acne is cystic in nature, but I am mostly scarred - all over my back. The plan is to get the breakouts controlled and then just get tatted the fuck up.
    [/quote]

I have had experience with terrible cystic acne and scarring. My first cycle my back was covered along with my chest and shoulders. I was embarrassed to wear sleeveless shirts and nvr took my shirt off. Accutane changed my life. It takes a long time and there are some sides but I highly recommend it. Keep some moisturizer on hand and get through it bc I don’t have acne to this day and no longer have to take it.

• I took Accutane in my early 40s because I was sick and tired of oily skin (not from AAS, just genetically greasy). It took care of that and the results lasted for a good 4-5 years. Make sure to use plenty of moisturizer and pay attention to your lips - mine got extremely dry and cracked and peeled like a mother if I didn’t keep some kind of moisturizer on.

• Accutane at low does (10-20mg ED) has worked well for me. I had back acne to some extent going back to puberty, so of course being so predisposed to it, it exploded on my first cycle.

I start noticing mental sides and my joints start to get sore at higher than 20mg, and from some UGLs I notice it even at 20mg, which probably implies over or under-dosing differences between labs. I never had issues with any other common side effects. My lips have always been prone to getting dry and chapped, especially in the (Canadian) winter, but it didn’t seem significantly worse on Accutane.

One caveat to keep in mind, though. Deep nodular acne tends to leave macules (or PIH, post-inflammation hyperpigmentation) - dark, discolored spots on the skin where there were previously acne nodules. These are not the same thing as scarring, and they will fade over time, but it will take months and sometimes a year. Accutane doesn’t do anything to reduce the development of macules or to accelerate their disappearance.

• [quote=“OldLadyLifter” pid=‘98733’ dateline=‘1600623340’]
    I took Accutane in my early 40s because I was sick and tired of oily skin (not from AAS, just genetically greasy). It took care of that and the results lasted for a good 4-5 years. Make sure to use plenty of moisturizer and pay attention to your lips - mine got extremely dry and cracked and peeled like a mother if I didn’t keep some kind of moisturizer on.
    [/quote]

Did the acne come back after your course? im on accutane right now, 25mg day.

• I appreciate all of the responses, truly.

I was taking low dose Accutane and it was working great, but the skin care professional I started seeing recommended not to. During that time I also UPPED THE GOD DAMN FUCKING TREN DAMNIT - and accordingly I broke out.

The game plan? So far I’ve stopped tren and other DHT compounds likely to have been causing my acne. Im switching to a low androgenic cycle with compounds I’ve never had issues with. I will resume accutane at 5mg per day. I am doing chemical peels as often as recommended and will start monthly microneedling treatments as well. I was gifted a $800 skincare line of moisturizers, cleansers, toners and the likes. I am also going to be using nizoral as a topical anti androgen. So far the breakout has dried up, now just a matter of staying breakout free, healing, and removing the scars slowly but surely. It will be a challenge, but if memory serves me correctly I stay clear off tren so it’s really just a matter of implementing the tools and knowledge I have to reach my goals.

Thanks again everyone, will keep posted with progress updates, and god willing a sick before/after/everything inbetween shot with my exact protocol we used as far as peels/microneedling goes.

So far I’ve done one low strength “sensitive peel” that lightened some of the scarring but disheartened me as I broke out again bad on my upper back. Well, stopping the tren and did another peel. Scars are continuing to lighten up and the active breakout is dead/drying up. Here’s to tossing tren in the bin.

On these notes I’d also like to highlight how tren ruined lifting for me. Trashed my skin and killed my mental health. Fuck tren. I went bizzaro and kept upping the dose in search of a 2k total without even considering programming. Come to realize smart programming and a different take on training and diet is what I really need to blow all my lifts out of the water. Tren is something that should only be used for like 5-6 weeks and before a competition if you ask me, or not at all. On top of that I rediscovered my love for actual training - you know useful strength training to be strong in real life and not some leveraged idiot peaking to be good at one specific static movement for one day a month. Just lol at the idiocy of powerlifting. I am a strength athlete, not a twat.

• I’ll tell you what worked for me, OTC PanOxyl (Benzoyl peroxide) it took a couple weeks but the progress was steady and immediately noticeable. I had it really bad too, my back was covered top to bottom. Very embarrassing looking. Are you sure it was tren? For me it was the wet compounds, Dbol and NPP… not sure which or both of the two caused it. when I switched to tren it cleared up.

• I get periodical flare ups no matter what. I’m on TRT dose or whatever.
    Tren is guaranteed acne for me.
    Micodosing my gear with shots everyday helps
    Antibiotics are an option but they will wreck your gut over the course of a few months.
    Best bet is to stop the tren and dose accurane at 40-60mg for 3-4 months if not visiting a dr. I’m on it right now and don’t really get side effects from it besides dry lips. It’s the only thing that will stop that sebum production.

• Panoxyl and hibaclense really seem to work well. Although not totally clear, a huge reduction.

• Thanks guys. I use panoxyl and have decided on accutane at 20mg EOD. Acne is down, but I’ll be damned about these scars… Whatever. No more tren. Lol. Using nizoral too.

• Did low dose accutane 20mg ED for 3-4 months or so. Worked great. I’m gonna have to do it again soon. Tren plus shitty diet and night sweats fucked my back up. I’m gonna try 20mg EOD to see how I respond. Last time I remember just a little bit of cracked lips so I carried chapstick. Other than that not much. I don’t remember if my liver values were elevated on that dose. I DO remember I did something stupid and was taking that dose of accutane while taking oral lamisil. Not a smart move in hindsight but no lasting damage.

• Used to suffer from moderate to severe acne as a teen until I was about 19-20. Tried out different creams and shit that did nothing but it make it worse, finally was prescribed a pill called Doxycycline that took care of it pretty nicely. As I recall, it’s pretty easy to get but you’re not supposed to take it for extended periods of time since it kills the good bacteria and the bad bacteria.

Interestingly enough now that I’m 30 years old, even running a good amount of gear I hardly have a break out anywhere. I may get a zit or two once in awhile and they quickly go away after I pop em’. Downside is I do suffer from diffuse thinning hair loss. Thankfully, I have enough hair that a little concealer still hides it well but anymore pushback on the hairline I may have to call it quits and just shave it off. I just started finasteride to maintain what I got, I’ve read people have some serious regrowth and if I am fortunate enough to be one of the lucky ones on this medication I can grow my hair back out again and get my curls back. 😂😂

• @BlackBroly minoxidil is also a thing.