DIET

Topic created · 19 Posts · 371 Views
  • So last time I posted about diet on here I got my ass grilled lol! But I’m actually glad I’m a way cause it lit a fire under my ass and got me working!

My stats are 6’3 15% BF 235 lbs. I’m no little guy!
    I’m currently been on a strict diet!

7:30 a.m 6 oz of chicken breast 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup of broccoli
    11:30 a.m 6 oz chicken breast 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup asparagus
    3:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1/4 cup brown rice 1 cup broccoli
    6:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1 cup of broccoli
    8:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1 cup of asparagus

Any ideas if there is any adjustments to this I can make?

Workouts include 3 miles on the treadmill
    2000 meters on the rower
    Followed by some light weight fast paced weight lifting.

• What are your goals?

• [quote=“TripleBSolutions” pid=‘98644’ dateline=‘1600539805’]
    What are your goals?
    [/quote]

Just got a cycle but don’t want to do it untill I can fully maximize it!

• If you are trying to do a really hard cut and sticking to that diet and workout plan you should be losing weight at a pretty high rate. What are you not happy with about your current diet?

• Use jasmine rice instead of brown rice as it digests easier. I wouldn’t eat broccoli as well as it can disrupt food digestion.

But over all this diet is going to make you burn out. Specially with the time frames listed that you have. No reason to have it that methodical unless you’re a top tier pro bodybuilder. Just get your protein in from good meat sources. Carbs from good sources as well and eat lots of food and train heavy and you’ll see results.

Absolutely no reason to go this in depth with the diet.

• This diet sucks no matter what your goal is.

Look up Justin Harris, John Meadows, Stan Efferding, etc. and you’ll quickly see why.

Also The Plant Paradox is worth a read.

• [quote=“TripleBSolutions” pid=‘98647’ dateline=‘1600541343’]
    If you are trying to do a really hard cut and sticking to that diet and workout plan you should be losing weight at a pretty high rate. What are you not happy with about your current diet?
    [/quote]

I’ve lost about 21 lbs in a month!
    [hr]
    [quote=“sierrakilo” pid=‘98654’ dateline=‘1600544017’]
    This diet sucks no matter what your goal is.

Look up Justin Harris, John Meadows, Stan Efferding, etc. and you’ll quickly see why.

Also The Plant Paradox is worth a read.
    [/quote]

It’s not to bad, I mean I am seeing the results, but my damn protein is intake is to low and I don’t know what else I could throw in that doesn’t have carbs. I can’t be eating red meat a ton. And I don’t want my carb intake to succeed 120 grams. Chicken is starting to taste like rubber,
    [hr]
    [quote=“jbmurp” pid=‘98648’ dateline=‘1600541502’]
    Use jasmine rice instead of brown rice as it digests easier. I wouldn’t eat broccoli as well as it can disrupt food digestion.

But over all this diet is going to make you burn out. Specially with the time frames listed that you have. No reason to have it that methodical unless you’re a top tier pro bodybuilder. Just get your protein in from good meat sources. Carbs from good sources as well and eat lots of food and train heavy and you’ll see results.

[/quote]

Ok this would make sense, because before the broccoli I wasn’t have digestion problems and that would now make sense to why it’s been so bad Lately, what is another good source of vegatable you would recommend
    [hr]
    [quote=“jbmurp” pid=‘98648’ dateline=‘1600541502’]
    Use jasmine rice instead of brown rice as it digests easier. I wouldn’t eat broccoli as well as it can disrupt food digestion.

[/quote]

Ok this would make sense, because before the broccoli I wasn’t have digestion problems and that would now make sense to why it’s been so bad Lately, what is another good source of vegatable you would recommend

• If you like it and it works then why change it? I’d honestly get tired of eating that same thing every single meal. Mix it up if you can and want to. You’re getting like 250 g of protein a day. I’d say that’s pretty good unless you feel like you need more. You can always throw in a shake before bed or something.

• [quote=“MikeAlstott” pid=‘98662’ dateline=‘1600548938’]
    If you like it and it works then why change it? I’d honestly get tired of eating that same thing every single meal. Mix it up if you can and want to. You’re getting like 250 g of protein a day. I’d say that’s pretty good unless you feel like you need more. You can always throw in a shake before bed or something.
    [/quote]

Honestly at this point! I just want to be able to run my cycle and not get fat! I’ve lost 180 lbs before I even touched a cycle. Now Last cycle I ran a good cycle and got fat! My diet wasn’t on point, I’m trying to find out if my current diet and stats are good enough to run a cycle

• Really respect your commitment man. As far as what type of changes you could make-maybe add some fish for a few meals instead of chicken 5 times a day? This is literally the meme bodybuilder diet. Egg whites would be a good option too. For your carbs you could always do oats or fruit, get some vitamins in there instead of the brown rice. Have you ever thought about keto?

• [quote=“Dreadlifts” pid=‘98678’ dateline=‘1600561016’]
    Really respect your commitment man. As far as what type of changes you could make-maybe add some fish for a few meals instead of chicken 5 times a day? This is literally the meme bodybuilder diet. Egg whites would be a good option too. For your carbs you could always do oats or fruit, get some vitamins in there instead of the brown rice. Have you ever thought about keto?
    [/quote]

Thanks my dude, but I’m allergic to fish, and she’ll fish I know shits whack! But fruit would be sweet but I’m afraid that there’s to much sugar! I’m trying to cut big time! And egg whites would be a good replacement as well! I just thought maybe I needed more protein and didn’t know what would be a good replacement! I do appreciate the positive feedback instead of negative shot posting

• [quote=“SavageVisions” pid=‘98663’ dateline=‘1600549277’]
    [quote=“MikeAlstott” pid=‘98662’ dateline=‘1600548938’]
    If you like it and it works then why change it? I’d honestly get tired of eating that same thing every single meal. Mix it up if you can and want to. You’re getting like 250 g of protein a day. I’d say that’s pretty good unless you feel like you need more. You can always throw in a shake before bed or something.
    [/quote]

Honestly at this point! I just want to be able to run my cycle and not get fat! I’ve lost 180 lbs before I even touched a cycle. Now Last cycle I ran a good cycle and got fat! My diet wasn’t on point, I’m trying to find out if my current diet and stats are good enough to run a cycle
    [/quote]
    I have walked your same path before. You gained weight during the cycle because you asked your body to crank up your metabolism way too fast after such a prolonged weight loss (180) lbs. if you do a cycle at this point, you will achieve only 2 results… get fat again or not grow at all . High protein/restricted carbs is great for losing weight and also maintaining…but not so much for anabolic. Carbs are protein sparing so you need them so the protein you consume is used for muscle hypertrophy and not just for energy. Keep the protein intake hish and slowly add more carbs. For me, I was also a 150gram crab guy forever. Ended up doubling that So now I shoot for 250-300G carbs and 250g protein. But I slowly added the carbs. You can use a good greens powder in a shake to get the micros and just use veggies you like. Peppers onions.asparagus…mushrooms. Etc. all work for me now.

• Healthy fats will do you good…

• [quote=“EpicFlash” pid=‘98683’ dateline=‘1600563446’]
    [quote=“SavageVisions” pid=‘98663’ dateline=‘1600549277’]
    [quote=“MikeAlstott” pid=‘98662’ dateline=‘1600548938’]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I have walked your same path before. You gained weight during the cycle because you asked your body to crank up your metabolism way too fast after such a prolonged weight loss (180) lbs. if you do a cycle at this point, you will achieve only 2 results… get fat again or not grow at all . High protein/restricted carbs is great for losing weight and also maintaining…but not so much for anabolic. Carbs are protein sparing so you need them so the protein you consume is used for muscle hypertrophy and not just for energy. Keep the protein intake hish and slowly add more carbs. For me, I was also a 150gram crab guy forever. Ended up doubling that So now I shoot for 250-300G carbs and 250g protein. But I slowly added the carbs. You can use a good greens powder in a shake to get the micros and just use veggies you like. Peppers onions.asparagus…mushrooms. Etc. all work for me now.
    [/quote]

Thanks you! That’s some good insight! So I’ve been relatively at my weight for sometime. It’s been about two years now that I’ve lost the 180 lbs. the only difference is I have way more lean mass then I do fat! I weigh 235 and have 198 lbs of lean mass! So now with that being said. If I continue burning fat and probably wasting away some mass due to the insane amount of cardio and havnt been lifting heavy at all. I do my normal weight routines but I do burn outs now. I have a super fast metabolism as well I mean fast as in about 20 minutes after I ate, in already in the bathroom! Broccoli has definitely slowed it down.

• [quote=“SavageVisions” pid=‘98639’ dateline=‘1600533098’]
    So last time I posted about diet on here I got my ass grilled lol! But I’m actually glad I’m a way cause it lit a fire under my ass and got me working!

My stats are 6’3 15% BF 235 lbs. I’m no little guy!
    I’m currently been on a strict diet!

7:30 a.m 6 oz of chicken breast 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup of broccoli
    11:30 a.m 6 oz chicken breast 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup asparagus
    3:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1/4 cup brown rice 1 cup broccoli
    6:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1 cup of broccoli
    8:30 pm 7 oz chicken breast 1 cup of asparagus

Any ideas if there is any adjustments to this I can make?

Workouts include 3 miles on the treadmill
    2000 meters on the rower
    Followed by some light weight fast paced weight lifting.
    [/quote]

You need some healthy fats. Pistachios and salmon. Replace some of the calories with those food items.

Also - dont be afraid to switch it up.

Mission balance low carb high fiber tortillas. 70 calories 5 grama carbs 5 grams protein 15g fiber cant even tell it’s a low carb tortilla. Season the chicken with some taco seasoning.

Smart pop or low calorie popcorn.

Halotop Ice Cream

An apple

Roma tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper fried up with the chicken and some seasoning.

What you’re doing is great sans the lack of healthy fats but what I’m getting at here is you’ll benefit greatly and be more likely to stick to your diet if you have more variety. To each their own though.

Other recommendations: sugar free pancake syrup and protein french toast/pancakes, oatmeal with stevia and almond milk, rice cooked in vegetable/chicken stock.

Look up greg doucette and remingtom james for some great macro friendly recipes.

• chicken rice and broccoli? confirmed hollywood juice user

• The diet cycle is 21 days. Under the condition of regular physical activity, you can lose up to 10 kilograms during the diet. Without loads-up to 6 kilograms.
    https://hellomaterialsblog.com/roller-coaster-martin-catans-diet/

• This post is deleted!
  • Back to basics mate - I’d recommend to watch this and make notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTTRl-tuAs Watch all 7 Lectures, they will answer all your questions.